Pathway to BSN Program
Students in the Pathways to BSN program are admitted to the University’s undergraduate program with a major of Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Nursing Specialization (also known as “Pre-Nursing.”) This admission to the University does not constitute admission to the BSN program but, rather, admission to the University with the understanding that students will complete the minimum admissions requirements to be considered for admissions into the BSN program. The Pre-Nursing students must complete prerequisites for the nursing major (BSN) to apply for acceptance into the BSN program and be eligible to take BSN courses. The BSN courses are full time and completed in two years with continuous enrollment; the duration for the entire program is four years. STU students meeting the minimum requirement will be given priority for admission.
一道本不卡免费高清The following are the minimum requirements for all Pre-Nursing students applying to the BSN program:
- Completion of BSN prerequisite courses.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher for all prerequisite course work is required to qualify for consideration within the applicant pool. The cumulative GPA will be used as one of the criteria for competitive ranking.
- Applicants currently enrolled at STU will need to submit a “Change of Major Form” once the prerequisites have been met to be considered for the BSN program.
BSN Prerequisite Courses
The following are prerequisite courses that must be completed prior to being considered for acceptance into the BSN program.
- Anatomy and Physiology I & Lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II & Lab
- Chemistry for the Health Sciences with its corresponding lab
- Microbiology with its corresponding lab
- English Composition I
- English Composition II and Literature
- College Level Mathematics (College Algebra or higher)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Principles of Nutrition
- Basic Microcomputer Applications course
BSN Student Clinical Packet / Checklist
Access American DataBank: – Tel: 1-(800) 200-0853
- Select the immunization package, background check, drug screening, and SSN validation
- Download immunization and physical examination form
- Complete background and drug screening
- Upload immunization records, physical examination form, CPR card, HIPAA compliance, and other records required for your clinical rotation
一道本不卡免费高清Download the Nursing Student Handbook:
Clinical Rotation Requirements / Checklist
Prior to enrolling in any clinical course, students must submit all required documents as listed below. Students will not be eligible to register for their clinical course unless required documents are received and uploaded in American DataBank.
- Immunization Records (Varicella, MMR, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, Influenza)
- Completed Background Check
- Completed 10 Panel Drug Screening
- Completed Fingerprinting
- Signed HIPAA Compliance Form
- Current PPD: If currently or previously positive, documentation of negative chest x-ray or negative QuantiFERON-TB gold result; Documentation of treatment if warranted based on screening results.
- Physical Exam (Completed on STU Form)
- Influenza Vaccine
Submit When Renewed:
- Upload the following in American DataBank at the time of renewal.
- CPR Certificate
- Active RN License